Travelers from other countries who want to visit Rwanda must have some recent photos and a photo of their passport's biographical page on hand. The Rwanda government has implemented some face photo criteria for e-visas for United Kingdom citizens. This means that the requirements listed below must be met by every UK applicant's digital photo for an e-visa:
- The photo can be in any format
- Photo size - minimum 10 KB and maximum 1 MB
- The picture’s height must match its width
- The photo should show clearly the front head, entire face
- The color of the photo must be plain light or white
- The photo must be taken with white background and no shadows
- The photo has no borders
- No wearing accessories such as glasses, hats, etc.
UK visitors must have a scan of their biographical page of their passport, which is still valid for six months after the date of arrival, ready for their passport photo. The size of this photo must be between 10 KB and 300 KB.
Travelers can more easily prepare images for an e-visa with Rwanda Immigration Services. If you need help determining the right size, send your images to us. After that, we will be happy to assist you. We hope that the information provided here will be useful to you as you complete the Rwanda Immigration Services website application for an e-visa.