Yes. Every individual traveling from Kenya to Rwanda is required to have a valid passport. A passport is an essential travel document that serves as proof of your identity and citizenship. Upon crossing the border, immigration authorities will demand the presentation of your passport for examination and endorsement. Your Kenya passport is valid for at least 6 months from the issued date and has at least 2 blank pages for stamping. Ensuring that you have a valid passport and adhere to the required travel regulations will greatly facilitate a seamless and trouble-free trip from Kenya to Rwanda.
Moreover, it is recommended to check Rwanda visa requirements and entry limitations applicable to individuals of your nationality, as these conditions may differ. To acquire a visa for Rwanda as a Kenyan citizen, the subsequent documents are necessary:
- Have a Kenya passport with a validity of at least 6 months on the intended date of entry.
- Confirm the Kenya passport includes at least 2 blank pages available for entry and exit stamps.
- You should keep a copy of the information page on your passport visible.
- An email address is also required to obtain an e-visa for Rwanda.
- Digital photograph: applicants must provide a digital passport-size picture.
Once approved, the Rwanda e-visa for Kenya citizens is sent to the applicant’s email address. They should print the e-visa to present to Rwanda Immigration officials when traveling from Kenya to Rwanda.